Whenever Naz is around, all we do is eat. And we’re very good at it :) 1) Latte at Ben’s BSC 2) Macarons from PAUL 3,4&5) Lunch at PLOY 6,7&8) Dinner at Antipodean 9) Dessert at Alexis 10) The Last Polka ice-cream at The Bee 11) Ramen at Menya Musashi Ramen
Some days, most days, all you need a little bit of laughter. And cake. Definitely cake.
Happy (belated) 21st birthday Adeline! ;) Let there be many many more days and nights like these where we eat and drink without care or worry. xx
1) No reason why i love this signage. I just do. 2) Saturday afternoon, on the way to watch a football game, and this pathway is littered with flowers. So pretty. Almost like having someone sprinkle rose petals for me to walk on ;) 3) Delicious roasted tomato soup from Ben’s. The cheesy garlic bread is kryptonite to anyone’s dieting plans. 4) Rhys looking all gangsta while riding...
Last Sunday, i got an Easter egg and Nell got to meet Freddo. After one sniff, she had to have him. No one was allowed to touch him after that. She’s very protective of the things she loves. The next day, no one would find Freddo. Maybe she ate him. Maybe she tore him up and buried his body parts, separately. We’ll never know. Love is so cruel.
After living in Delhi and New York and not working for almost 2 years, i was tempted to jump into advertising again while on my long holiday back home in KL. And jumped i did, head first, into the deep end. Almost 5 months into it, and on most days, i don’t regret it. I enjoy the human interaction and social chaos my job brings me. Along with it, the satisfaction of having a routine,...
In and around
I’ve been told, the temperature’s finally gone up slightly in NYC. That’s good news for all the warm blooded Manhattanites gracing the streets of the grey and steely concrete jungle. Perhaps a sign that spring is just around the corner… Some pics from last summer, in and around downtown SoHo. To be honest tho, NYC will always be amazing and exciting no matter...
Some things awesome in NYC. 1) The adorable building wrap while it’s under construction/renovation. 2) Starfish and old black and white photographs make pretty displays sets. 3) Love the LE LABO branding! 4) Thaddeus Wolfe, you make my Ikea lamp look like bullcrap. 5) Cheap books available at every downtown corner.
Like proper tourists, we hit 3 major tourist spots in one day - Genting Highlands, Petronas Twin Towers and Chinatown/Petaling Street. And at the end of the day, no souvenirs, just sore feet.
Up and down Genting Highlands via the cable car. Is it scarier to see where you’re going or not see where you’re going?
While talking about sewing classes
Another lunch date with the girls at Delicious. Besides my head rattling and questioning a million times if it was wise parking illegally right across the police station, it was a good session.
Waiting in the car while it’s drizzling can be pretty if you want it to be.
Drinks and a show at Tom, Dick and Harry’s.
Everybodehhh! xx There’s MIB and then, there’s us. Seriously too cute together! Pretty obvious who just came back from China ;) Making a birthday wish with the pavlova. Thanks Meng, we heart red! ;) The girls giving Boo some love. Boys and girls, i love our (annual) meetings! xx
Acme Bar & Coffee (ABC), The Troika Saturday brunch with the gang somewhere new in the middle of KL. It’s nice to get out of our usual spots and attempt somewhere different. Food was good, company was even better. Only wish we could do this more often.
Zombies are real
Zombie Run Malaysia 2013 Team: Woei Hern, Soon Min (team captain), Darren, Addy and me Died: Addy and me Survived: Soon Min and Darren Only showed up for lunch after the run: Woei Hern Managed: 3 out of 5 tokens, not bad at all, more than we thought we’d get! Conclusion: Damn freakin’ awesome! Bring on Zombie Run 2014 yo!!! Zombie Run 2014 resolution: Survive the entire race
Ate from noon till night
4 girls take on Malacca. We ate, walked, ate, whatsapped, ate, took pics, ate, shopped, ate and when there was nothing else to do, we ate some more.
Last Friday night
Swedish House Mafia One Last Tour Sunway Surf Beach, KL Friday, 18th Jan 2013
1) Last summer in NY, mostly spent under the shade. Hottest summer the US has seen in over 40 (or was it 90?) years. I’d believe that. 2) The view from our last picnic. God, I miss Popchips! 3) The making of our picnic sandwiches. 4) Tall glass buildings surrounding Bryant Park. Must have taken that while i waiting for Naz at 42nd and 6th on a Friday evening, as usual. 5)...
A day in the village
1) The delivery car for A Salt & Battery (Naz’s fave fish & chip shop in NY) and Tea & Sympathy. Too F cool!! 2) Walking down Perry St., feeling the warm sun and cool breeze. Some days in summer were perfect. This was one of them. 3) Thinking what it would be like living here… 4) Bookmarc - our usual stop on Bleecker St. 5) Scott Caan. No reason. 6) Magnolia...
Malaysia v Indonesia
Sold out crowd, amazing atmosphere!! Glad i left my red United jersey at home. And a flare goes off, not unusual… The local celebrity called into action ;) AFF Suzuki Cup 2012 1st December, Bukit Jalil Stadium It was… awesome!!!
Manhattan, at night
Missing the view of Manhattan at night. All brightly lit, like as though no one really sleeps. Some days, walking on the pier and looking at that makes you feel so small, yet so big. It’s hard to explain this contradiction. But it is what it is.
Sun in NY
New York in the summer. It must be a different place now… (Pictures taken months ago!) Chobani, i miss you.
Singapore in November
I know, my posts are long overdue… 1 & 2) Pretty wooden shutters along Amoy Street and Duxton Road. 3 & 4) Beer (and food) at Brewerkz, where else??? The same place we go every single Singapore trip… 5) Friends for more than 10 years - good friends like these, are hard to come by. 6, 7, 8 & 9) Brunch at PS.Cafe. Our usual go-to for big, fat,...
her jersey says adidog
my little bugger needs a haircut. i like her hair super short, pixie cut, ny style. hugs and kisses to the ball of love on four legs.
i’ve been back in kl for almost 5 weeks and you’re probably wondering why my posts are still of ny and barely any of kl. well, that’s because i’ve had these pictures on my phone and in my computer for the longest time, and am almost always waiting for some 5 minutes of nothingness to spend uploading pictures and writing posts. also, i miss new york. these...
(the boys, all smiles) a couple of weeks before i left ny for kl, before the definite end of summer, we went to fette sau for meat and beer. and it was a lot of meat and beer. it was the longest line for barbecued meat we’ve lined up for, and it was all worth it. rich got picked-up by an elderly woman who wanted to cut in line, but rich was having none of it. i guess nothing...
elvis did what??
i took these pictures in the summer and i cant believe that was 4 months ago. it was one of those incredibly warm days and i remember enjoying the occasional breeze from the hudson river while we were walking down south along west st. we were so happy to finally get slippers for summer and we wore them almost every weekend for our usual walks on the island. time flies when you’re...
wish i was there with you
1) the glass-stained windows at the cathedral in princeton was incredible. it was hard to not take pictures in church. 2) my walks home includes this view. how can i not feel homesick after looking at this picture?? 3) afternoon tea at the plaza hotel with naz and priti. if the table was bigger, we would have ordered more. i’m sure of that. 4) home, at night. i miss you lic! 5)...
2 weeks into my vacation and i’ve decided to go back to work. freelancing of course. the days are long and boring when i’ve nothing to do but stare at white walls and my parents. keeping busy (and earning some money) seemed like the best way to make time fly and not think about all the things i love and miss, on the other side of the world. this is where i worked last week, with...
cakes and gossip
spending time with good company over good food seems like the way life should be. this is us having an insanely good time eating and doing what all girls generally do (but hardly admit), gossiping. it’s inevitable that i miss naz and new york so damn much, but i’ll say this - i’ve really enjoyed being back. yes indeed.
last summer friday
1) we’re all in love with townhouses in the west village, and i think priti secretly wishes this was her’s. it’s ok, i secretly wish that too. 2) linguini carbonara from cafe cluny. i’ve heard so much about this place, how celebrities and fashionistas regularly haunt this lil corner spot, but too be honest, the service was obnoxious and the food sadly...
some things familiar
1) bunga raya, after a shower. i took a 3 minute breather out on the balcony after the heavy rain and filled up my lungs with what i assumed was fresh air. 2) the bookcase at plan B at publika. imagine the cleaning… 3) 1 of our 4 cats - dipstick, living the good life. 4 & 5) my patchwork blankie. now used to keep the dust off my tv. 6) uniqlo. naz has the one on the left,...
An affair with friends and food
Nasi lemak with rendang chicken from Uncle Lim’s. Packed mee hoon from Nyonya Colours. Fruit rojak from Nyonya Colours. Nasi tomato with masak merah from Chawan. Salted egg fried rice from Wondermama. Roti canai from pasar malam. Vade from pasar malam. (Best vade i’ve had, ever!) Besides meeting up with old friends, there’s nothing much else to do except to...
Let me come home
Pictures of home, taken from when i was stalking the filming of White Collar. It’s been almost a week since i left NY for KL. Being home with my parents and my lil Yorkie has been alright, but i’d be lying if i said i didn’t miss our home in NYC and Naz’s company especially. Last night, was the hardest. My usual Saturdays are taking the subway and roaming the NYC...
A few weekends ago, we found a little peace and quiet in the East Village at Stuyvesant Square. I’m one of those who can sit on a bench, watch the squirrels run around looking for nuts and crazy people watch. Naz cant. So when we do sit, we sit for about 5 mins til he whispers in my ear, “Come, let’s go.” If 4G is slow, it’s down to 3 mins.
NY to KL
Woke up in the morning, kissed you in bed, said bye-bye to New York City and left on a jet plane. How i got from there to here.
One last time
Last Saturday i spent with Naz, walking from Midtown to Flatiron to Chelsea to Union Square to Greenwich/West Village to Meatpacking District to Soho to East Village to Herald Square to Grand Central Station and home for one last night before my flight out the next morning. New York’s not called the greatest city in the world for nothing. For all the reasons you...
Ole Ole Bali. Ok, so i’m not sure what this dish is called, but once the menu is in my hands, i’ll know exactly what it is and whatever else i’ll want to order with it. Fried chicken, yellow rice, you’re definitely on my list. Shang Palace, EEST and Celestial Court. I’ve not had dim sum for over a year! How did i ever manage that??! I effing love dim sum!! I’m going to go effing...
Same but different
1) Greene St in SoHo with the new World Trade Center in the far background. I also just realized the Melissa shoe store on the left. I bought my first Melissas in Tokyo and this is a nice little reminder that my Melissa sandals are waiting for me back home in KL. 2) The Taschen book store where i lost Naz for 10 mins. 3) I love it when clothing stores have cawfee! 4) Would love for...
Popped up in Princeton
A day at Princeton, with Mayank and CC. It was really interesting, how every conversation turned into a lively debate. Smart people have so much to say and so many ways to say it :) Highlight of the day? Meeting Jonas Blane. Ok, so he wasn’t Jonas, but he’s the closest i’ll ever get to a Jonas. So, still good.
A Saturday time-out. Picnic in front of the apartment, by the East River. On the menu: homemade grilled spicy eggplant and herbed turkey breast sandwich, Popchips, (cold) watermelon and Vitaminwater zero. The last few days have been a busy few days. Days filled with food, drinks, friends, shopping and apartments. Except for the last bit, it’s everything i’ll remember...